Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Bitter

at some point in your life,
somebody will come and
promise you such 
pretty things 
and whisper sweet words
in your ear,
so sweet you'll salivate at 
the sound of it.
you'll crave it. 
your hunger will drive you
towards it, and you'll be 
mesmerized beyond reason.
little do you know,
the aftertaste is
bitter. 

he was bitter

he promised me a love he never
had to give.
a future he never intended on
having
with me.
spoke empty words with selfish
intentions.
he wanted my body and not my
heart,
i was blinded by his compliments
and attention.
i soaked it in like sunlight to a flower
after a long, cold winter.

one day, though, i woke up from my
filtered reality.
i saw how he only texted me after
midnight.
how he never asked me how 
my day was.
how he called me sexy, but not
beautiful. 
the realization that he would never 
leave his girlfriend
for me.

how silly of me.

i was made the side piece.
the project he would revisit
time and again.
the toy he could play with 
without fear of 
causing damage.
how had i let it come to this.
how had i let this boy,
not a man,
play me like one of his 
video games.
take advantage of my eagerness
for love
or the softness of 
my heart.

i am a work of art. a masterpiece.
not something to be handled 
by someone with greasy fingers
and inexperience.
i am a fucking jewel,
among the rarest of stones
encased in dirt but my god
do i shine on the inside.
i am not a puzzle that can be
solved in a day.
i am full of clues that first need 
to be uncovered and then
pieced together 
in order to see the 
complete picture.

and he only cared for the surface.


-b.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment