Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Brewing

Something is stirring from deep within;
My hands are shaking.
My body is quaking.
A storm is brewing beneath my skin.

Like a dormant volcano inactive for years;
The pressure is building.
The air is chilling.
Threatening to erupt are my deepest fears.

The explosion, by nature, is cruel and relentless;
The screams are shattering.
The tremors are battering.
The victim, my spirit, is weak and defenseless. 

The screaming hushes and the shaking stills;
My soul is hollowed.
Then darkness follows.
Hauntingly silent, my loneliness kills.

Back to dormancy, I quiet once more;
The smoke clears.
Dried are the tears.
How long it will last, I cannot be sure.

I cannot be sure.

-b.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment