Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Monday, October 29, 2018

My God, I Pray

As the days grow shorter, and the nights colder;
there is something coming near.
As if my soul knows, an anxiousness grows;
'waken is a chilling fear.

The leaves begin to fall, and birds cease to call;
a darkness consumes the land.
Tired are my eyes, as loneliness arrives;
the silence I cannot stand.

Passed are the days, of warmth and rays;
in charge is now the moon.
But when she's gone, the monsters are drawn;
left empty are bodies strewn.

My mind is being lost, its price too high a cost;
heavy do thoughts of you weigh.
Betrayed was my heart, though it knew from the start;
never do loved ones stay.

Buried are words unsaid, fated as those now dead;
regret is the devil's delight.
 Before I die I hope to confess, the feelings I so cruelly suppress;
my God I pray to survive the night.

My God, I pray.

(b.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment