Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Here & Now

 Following the events that have happened in just the past few months, I've learned one very important lesson:

Life is way too short to not listen to our hearts and trust in what we're feeling on the inside.

With that in mind, I say this:

I am completely, and utterly, head-over-heels in love with someone that I haven't even met in person yet.


Does that sound crazy to you?


Hear me out...


This isn't just some 12-year-old middle school crush. I am a 24-year-old grown ass woman and I don't want to waste precious time second-guessing or suppressing these feelings because of small-minded opinions like "it hasn't been long enough" or "you're so young, you don't know what love is."

Some people are together for 10 years before they get married, while others have known each other 10 weeks when they decide to make it "forever." Why is one more valid than the other? There's no written time frame for falling in love with someone. It's not something that can be planned or marked in a calendar. There's a saying that goes "when you know, you know" and that's the type of mentality I always attributed to falling in love, because you can read all of the books, watch all of the movies, listen to all of the songs about love, but none of those things can truly prepare you for it until you've experienced it for yourself.

I always believed that I'd know when I found the right person. I was always told to stop romanticizing it because it would only lead to disappointment and heartbreak. But, I stood my ground on my values and high expectations, and I waited. Patiently...mostly. I held out for the moment where I would meet someone and suddenly, as if the universe had been orchestrating it since the dawn of time, everything would click into place, and my god was it worth the wait.

I don't know what the future holds--let alone the next 24 hours--but I do know what I feel in this very moment, in the here-and-now, and that's enough for me.


That's enough.


(b.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment