Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Climb

I've dug myself a monstrous hole,
Out of which I cannot climb.
The deeper I go, the darker my soul,
I fear I haven't much time. 
The light is moving further away,
As I reach my hands in vain.
I kick and scream for some delay,
But I'm met with only pain.
Void of hope, I fall to my knees,
And touch my hands to pray.
Desperate to put my mind at ease,
To whom, I know not, I say:

I've lived my life as best I could, kind to those I've crossed.
Saving animals as Irwin would, no matter the risk (or cost).
I hope when people think of me, they remember only the best.
If only but a smiling Bri, as bright as lemon zest.
My love for you will never fade, wherever this journey ends.
There's nothing I would ever trade, in place of family and friends.
The light above is all but gone, I've used up all my time.
Someday soon will come the dawn, and out of this hole I'll climb.

Out of this hole I'll climb.

(b.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment