Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Shadowed Identity

How did I get here, 
in this place so void of hope and joy? 
What once was light is now dark 
and all I can see is pain as stark as the stars 
in the night's sky. 
The fatigue plaguing my bones is what this illness does, 
making everything feel like this hazy fuzz and
I'm nothing but a shadow of what I once
was.
The magic blue pills that my doctor prescribed 
are supposed to help with this pain I've described
but it's hard to fix what's buried so very deep 
inside.
So please, try to understand that when you tell me
"it's all in your head" as if that's the answer to 
all of this dread, that I want nothing more
than to be dead because I would be rich if I got a
penny for every time I have ever heard that said.

(b.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment