Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fallen Star

What a heartbreaking thing,
For an asteroid or comet.
Once above as a mighty king,
Now a rock so common. 

I wish I was on the moon,
Dancing among the stars.
I'd fly up like a balloon, 
Take a scenic route past Mars.

Up there I'd be alive and free,
Away from this horrible place.
Think how wonderful it would be,
Floating peacefully in space.

Here my soul is constrained,
Weighed down by gravity.
To the earth it is chained,
Dreaming of the galaxy.

You see I'm simply not meant,
To flourish within this planet.
Patiently awaiting my ascent,
For now I am all but stranded.

-b.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment