Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Solace

I seek solace within nature,
In moment of utter despair.
No presence is there greater;
For loneliness I cannot bare.

First, 
I hear the gossiping trees,
Whose whispers fill the air.
Curses travel with the breeze;
To the woodpeckers they swear.

Second,
The restless stream passing by,
We've little time to chat.
To each other we never lie;
A simple tit-for-tat.

Next,
Always one to voice an opinion,
The cardinal's never shy.
Loudly claiming his dominion;
Must he constantly pry?

Last,
The sound of a howling tune,
From where else but the wind.
As a wolf to the full moon;
Confessing of all his sin.

The sounds occupy my tired soul,
Quieting my destructive mind.
Slowly filling the hollowed hole;
Dissipated are thoughts unkind.

-b.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment