Anatomy of This Blog

Anatomy of this blog: a compilation of poetry--either written by myself or others--artwork, thoughts, emotions; any form of creativity.

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Playground Behavior


Tired of the game these boys always play.
Say they want your heart,
But their actions don't say the same.
Texting at two a.m.,
Acting like boys and not men.
Tell you they'll give you the world, 
When their parents are still paying rent. 
Ask you to show some skin, 
But don't care what's within. 
Asking them questions about their life
(Because you genuinely care)
But they dodge anything personal and say,
"Baby I love your hair."
Why should I show you what's under my shirt,
Or beneath my skirt?
Because you're a flirt?
I've seen this movie before.
I know I'll get hurt.
Like I said, I'm tired of these games.
No more late night texts 
Or app with the flames.
Maybe one day you'll grow up 
And act like a man,
But until then,
It's just you and your hand.

-b.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment